​Drug overdose at Australian music competition suspected to be snake chunk

On December 29 on the Australian music competition Beyond The Valley, 20-year-old Callum Edwards was rushed to the hospital after collapsing from what was assumed to be a suspected drug overdose from an unknown substance. Edwards handed away three days later and his dying was a matter of public discourse for Australia’s ongoing nationwide debate in regards to the legality and practicality of constructing drug testing authorized at music festivals.

The story of this younger man’s passing took a dramatic flip yesterday after reported that these treating Callum Edwards in hospital discovered tiger snake venom in his system. In addition to this, it nonetheless stays unclear if any medicine had been in Callum’s system in any respect.

Tiger snakes are a extremely venomous snake species discovered within the southern areas of Australia. On common, there’s at the very least one dying a 12 months from a tiger snake and the mortality charge from untreated bites is reported to be someplace between 40 and 60 per cent.

“We positively know there was a reptile concerned,” Callum’s mom Lynette advised The Herald.

The set of situations resulting in Callum’s collapse on the competition are usually not but absolutely understood. His brother Liam Edwards, who has been vocal in discrediting claims that Callum’s dying was attributable to a drug overdose, was planning to satisfy him at Beyond The Valley however arrived too late and realized that Callum had already been flown to the hospital.

Police have stated that “the circumstances surrounding his dying are but to be decided, nevertheless, it isn’t being handled as suspicious.”

Cameron is Mixmag’s Jr. Editor. Follow him on Twitter right here

[Photo: Rob Valentic – Gondwana Reptile Productions]

[Via:]

Load the subsequent article

Related Post